August 13, 2008

Are You a Finney

Recently I was listening to A Bill Johnson teaching and I heard a very interesting story. It was the story of Charles Finney, He was a revivalist back in the 1800s. He was so in touch with the Father that once he walked into a factory and didn't say a word. And nearly instantly people in the factory fell to their knees and started to cry out to God. Another story was he would ride in a train and as he passed through a city people again would just be touched by God without him doing a thing. Also Finney wasn't a tv evangelist. He didn't have his own tv show, he was just an unlikely firestarter. It just so insane to imagine what would happen when he was trying. As I try to bring on the minor prophet mentality I see how Charles Finney fits into it. I want to be a modern Finney. And the question I pose to you is, is your walk leading you to be part of the Finney movement?

No comments: